Jul 13, 2006

Ronaldinho issues apology to fans


Ronaldinho has apologised to Brazil fans for failing to guide his country to World Cup success.
The Barcelona playmaker used his official website, www.ronaldinhogaucho.com, to send a message to Brazil fans.
"I would like to thank you for the words of affection that you have sent me in messages to my official website and the MSN blog. Friends' support is always important," Ronaldinho wrote.
"Many people expected a brilliant performance from the national team, and especially from me. But this was not the case.
"I am sorry we left the World Cup without being able to show our qualities and what we are capable of.
"I am sad because we put everything into it and wanted a different end to my dream of once more winning the World Cup.
"Nothing I can say will change what happened. This is why I want to apologise along with my team-mates for not winning the trophy in Brazil.
"I now have a month's holiday and I am going to rest my body and mind in order to be ready for next season with the Brazilian team."
Brazil were eliminated in quarter-finals after losing 1-0 to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment